Principal characteristics of the
Wildix Unified Communications & Collaboration solution
offered on Cloud platform.
The Wildix Cloud solution is a valid response to the necessities of those users who wish to take advantage of all the benefits of a Unified Communications solution also on Cloud platform
Critical aspects of the VoIP telephone market in Cloud
Currently there are various offers for VoIP systems and UC&C in Cloud but, evaluating the characteristics of each solution, the limitations in functionality which reflect negatively on the User Experience and which do not make them suitable to be used in many work scenarios become evident.
Among the most common problems we can detect in the most solutions of the VoIP telephone market in Cloud, we can highlight the following ones:
- with the loss of internet connection the telephone system cannot work, even in the case of internal calls between users in a local office;
- iOS and Android Apps for the UC&C applications for smartphone are not available;
- it is not possible to use the local lines present in-house (FXO/BRI/PRI) and the local mobile operator (GSM);
- multiple operators (SIP trunk advanced management) are not supported;
- a reliable interconnection with the FAX devices present in the office does not exist;
- telephones do not offer advanced functions.
We can therefore comprehend that the majority of the solutions present on the market bring to Cloud a simple VoIP telephone system and not a solution of Unified Communication.
These possible limitations truly risk preventing the passage of a Unified Communications solution in Cloud to companies.
Why is the Wildix Cloud solution different?
The Wildix Cloud solution was created with the objective of resolving the stated problems, bringing to Cloud all the functions of the Wildix Unified Communications system.
In addition to resolving the limitations of the previous points, Wildix Cloud has the following characteristics:
- the system is easy to create and configure;
- it is supported by “Amazon AWS”, one of the most reliable cloud infrastructures;
- it supports the auto-provisioning of the terminals;
- all the Wildix Unified Communications services are included;
- a dedicated IP public address for each PBX;
- possibility of configuring any SIP trunk and media gateway;
- configuration of the WMS Network among Cloud, Virtual and Hardware PBXs;
- smart bandwidth management;
- Built-in Security.
The PBX in Cloud can be activated immediately through the WMP portal and when a new user is created it is possible to assign different profiles which range from basic telephone functions to the more advanced UC&C.
More information on profiles that can be activated: https://manuals.wildix.com/licensing
The Wildix Cloud solution is complete and brings all the functions of the Wildix UC&C system in Cloud environment, therefore the following features are available:
- integration with VoIP Carriers
- integration with external Software (CRM, ERP, ticketing systems, productivity Software, hotel management systems)
- integration with external Hardware
- for the complete list of the integrations, please visit the following page: https://www.wildix.com/integrations/
- all the telephone services
- all the Unified Communications & Collaboration services
- for the complete list of the services which can be activated, please visit the following page: https://manuals.wildix.com/licensing
Continuity of service
Wildix Cloud guarantees complete continuity of service of the on-site systems thanks to a redundant network architecture where it is possible to insert Cloud, virtual or physical PBXs, installed in locations scattered in various countries.
This hybrid multisite network is possible thanks to WMS Network which allows to create a peer2peer VPN connection between the PBXs.
Each PBX therefore is connected via internet to the other hubs of the network and can have other local connectivity and access to the public phone network available through media gateways (ISDN BRI, ISDN PRI, FXO or GSM).
It is as such possible to create a hybrid Cloud in which local resources (Client PBXs) are connected to the central unit (Server PBX) in Cloud.
The Server PBX located in Cloud manages the sync of the information among all the Client PBXs in the network: shared company phonebooks, call routing rules, ACLs, DID, timetables, IVR, and so on.
The functioning of the WMS Network in normal conditions allows 2 Clients to activate communications (calls, presence, chat, and video) between them, without having to go through the Server PBX.
(however if it were necessary for the network security policy, the possibility for the Client PBX to not publish the 1194 UDP port is provided for; in this case, the Client to Client communication takes place by using the Server as proxy.)
In case of problems of access to the internet, the Client PBX continues to function correctly for all the users of the PBX and guarantees the continuity of service of the communications routing the calls using local resources (ISDN, analogue or GSM phone lines).
The continuity of service is fundamental in many situations, in particular:
- for the management of emergency services: a Client PBX connected to the Server in Cloud and an ISDN line makes it possible for the operators to work even without internet;
- in multi-location company realities: the various locations can have different quality of internet connectivity; maintaining local lines the communication is guaranteed independently from the quality/availability of the internet line;
- if the company offices are dislocated in foreign countries: the functioning of the communication system is guaranteed in the remote offices, independently from the central office.
Band consumption reduction
Thanks to the use of Direct Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) in the Wildix systems, it is possible to reduce bandwidth consumption to a minimum: the audio and video communication flows between users are managed directly by the connected devices, without going through the local PBX or in Cloud.
Direct RTP :
- it is completely automatic among the terminals present in the WMS Network
- it optimizes the bandwidth consumption within a WMS Network
- it functions among phones of remote locations
- it supports audio and video calls
- it disables the flow of video calls when not necessary (saves bandwidth up to 70%)
Functionality of Paging in Cloud
Wildix has introduced the functionality of Paging in Cloud.
Paging is a special function which makes it possible to send an announcement towards a predefined group of extensions.
The call can serve to send an automatic message to all terminals making them ring and answer automatically. This service is used to carry out informative or emergency announcements.
The function of Paging in Wildix Cloud makes it possible to work in multicast and to carry out point2point paging on a single terminal up to a maximum of 15.